God has blessed my efforts when “Doing His Will”.
I have shared the many honors bestowed upon my choirs over the years, but there are details that show just how wonderful those times were. I share not to dwell in past victories, but to give credit to those who made it all possible. Perhaps this will be of interest to you and former students who participated.
From 1958 until the end of the 1971 school year, aside from the many excellent programs performed state-wide and nationally, and these do not include honors for my Junior High groups:
- We placed twelve “All State” choir members
- One-hundred-forty-eight medal winners in UIL vocal solo competition
- Won Five ‘Sweepstakes’ Trophies at Regional Contest
- Six “Superior” awards at UIL Choral events
- Placed two-hundred-twelve members in All Region Choirs
- And, that’s what I get fromWere selected Texas “Honor Choir” in 1965
This shouts of the quality of students and parents we had in Bryan Public Schools at that time.
I had the privilege of teaching choral music at a fine “Christian” Academy in North Carolina and I was amazed to realize my Bryan Public Schools students were of the same quality.
Praise God that my tenure covered years when prayer and Godly principles were evident. We have lost our way, donchaknow. Really. And, that’s a shame.
And, that’s what I get from MY box of chocolates. AMEN