Tom Muma and his wife are missionaries from our church to Chad. I will feature his messages from time-to-time just to let you know what those who dare to serve the LORD, in faraway places, are experiencing. As I read these reports, I think about how much America could use prayer for the same reason. I pray that our percentage of those who do not know who JESUS is and what HE did for us all, is not as large as those living in darkness in foreign lands. Do you feel that there is only a ‘handful’ of believers here?
The Berguid live in the south east of Chad. There are a handful of believers living in this tribe of 15,000 people. They are 99.9% Muslim. To this point, a church has not been established. There are no missionaries engaging them and the Bible is not available in their language. In fact, they do not have access to any evangelical material in print nor in audio. They need our prayers.
- Pray for workers who will go to the Berguid.
- Pray for the Holy Spirit to begin opening their hearts to the gospel.
- Pray for the 10 or so believers to be strong and to share their faith.
- Pray for God to plant a church with the believers that are there and that it will multiply greatly.
- Pray for Bible translators to translate the Scriptures into their language.
Chad Country Strategist